Thursday, May 20, 2010

Scratching, scratching, scratching

There is no salve that will cure someone of trying to do ink scratchboard technique pictures. I've stopped screaming for a moment and will be starting up again as soon as I put knife to scratchboard and realise that once more, my brain has forgotten to think in reverse. Or maybe is incapable of thinking in reverse, or is it inverse....or is it negative space I have to remember. Lets see, do I cut away everything that isn't in the picture? Scratch away the lines that form the picture? Scratch away the picture? How do I scratch in circles? Shouldn't it be called an " In-X-Acto Knife" when it's in my hands? How can I stop myself from reaching for the eraser when I screw up? Which is often. Oh wait...that doesn't look half-bad....oh no, now I've cut the dickens out of myself. At least I've stopped screaming, now if I could just stop bleeding....